Thursday 21 July 2011

summer stories: guest post from a fine day for sailing

Everyone knows I love travelling, so it made sense that in my guest series of treasured summer experiences I should have a travelling story. The lovely Islabell from A Fine Day for Sailing obliged with an account of a trip that includes some of my dream locations... and she did it all in style with the coolest backpack ever.

Photobucket
Hello hello! I'm Islabell, from A fine day for sailing. I am excited to be here for Emily's summer stories series.  I'll be doing a wee post on summer travels.


I just came back from an amazing month long summer adventure. I flew to Istanbul to met my friend Donald. It was a city unlike any I have ever experienced,  a whirlwind of colors, sounds and smells. I felt safe and the people were so friendly. After a few days exploring (which was definitely not long enough) we traveled around Turkey, visiting Ephesus and Pamukkale.PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket


From Turkey we joined friends in Greece and had the most amazingly relaxing time. I often find my self all wound up traveling, anxious to see everything and not miss a moment so this time in Greece was just wonderful. We spent the days swimming in the sea and the nights eating good food at a local Taverna.


Next my good friend Jenny and I left for Berlin where we met my bother. We went to a german school for a while when we were growing up so it was great fun practicing our german. After a few beers I seemed to get by pretty well. 

Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket

The final week of my trip I spent back in Scotland hanging out with my dad and catching up with old friends. It was Bliss. This summer trip was perfect. Looking at the photos are making me antsy to go travel again. 

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

I hope everyones having a great summer.
Thanks for having me Emily! 


Islabell


x

Thanks again Isla! And don't forget to visit her too, everyone!

17 comments:

Xavi said...

Nice trip arround Europe full of contrasts. Oh, dear, I like it!

Daisy said...

Oh gosh, your trip sounds quite fantastic !!!

Judy C said...

I think most trips don't include Istanbul. It's great to see what a varied and interesting trip it was.

Closet Fashionista said...

Wow, that sounds and looks like such an amazing trip!! :D :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Natalie Suarez said...

very very cute! love it :)

xx

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Closet Fashionista said...

haha, mmm....marrying him would be my plan ;) Sadly I didn't get to seduce him in a one on one meeting because he got too busy with press stuff...that was my secret thing I couldn't talk about before vacation. Very depressing...stupid WB scheduling him too tight! :(

simply h² said...

Great photos, and so many gummy bears!

http://www.hsquaredfashion.blogspot.com

gee said...

oh i loved this post so much!!
i love Isla so much as well!!!! ;)
i am so jealous of both of you..i need to start saving some money and begin traveling around the world.
love the gummy bear picture.

callie said...

These photos are sooo amazing. Sounds like a really awesome trip! Turkey is on the top of my list right now. I've heard such awesome things about it from friends of mine, and now you!

Ashley said...

I'm so happy that people are visiting Turkey! It's a love of mine that will never die :)

Amber said...

this makes me wanna book a ticket overseas this very minute

Unknown said...

Love these photos! I'm so jealous of you life!

dr.antony said...

St Augustine has said " Life is a book,those who do not travel, have not turned the first page !
Thanks Isabel,for the Isambul stories!

eagle-eye-cherry said...

You had an interesting trip. One day, I will visit Turkey and Greece, I heard they are wonderful during the summer. thank you for sharing your experience

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Turkey, Greece, Germany, Scotland... what a terrific itinerary. It seems only right to visit Europe from one end to the other :)

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

first off, that is the coolest backpack ever, where did you get it from? I need to escape this country one of these days to europe.

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

Wonderful post Isabel! It looks like this was a trip of a lifetime and I really liked how you showed pictures with a contrast between natural and urban settings. beautiful pictures. thanks for sharing!